California Pizza Kitchen and Make-A-Wish America recently joined forces to grant the ultimate culinary wish of a local Bakersfield teenager, Zach Wargo, who lives with Titin Myopathy, a rare condition that causes muscle weakness. As part of Zach's wish fulfillment, CPK and MAW invited him and his family to Redondo Beach, Calif. for an exclusive tour of CPK's Innovation Kitchen, where the restaurants culinary team research and test new menu items.
Zach enjoyed a one-on-one cooking session, participated in a palate sensory panel and created his very own bacon + fig pizza, which will be on sale at Zach's local CPK in Bakersfield for the month of March. Proceeds from Zach's pizza sales will be donated to Make-A-Wish America. Zach also attended CPK's annual conference and served as a judge in their annual pizza chef competition.
Below are some of the great stories about Zach, CPK and MAW!
- KBAK (CBS) - March 7, 2016 - Eyewitness News on KBAK at 6AM (8,980 Viewers)
- KBAK (CBS) - March 7, 2016 - Eyewitness News on KBAK at 5 (4,874 Viewers)
- KBFXCD (Fox) - March 7, 2016 - Eyewitness News on KBFX at 8 (N/A Viewers)
- The Huffington Post - March 6, 2016 - Bakersfield Teen Is Master Chef at California Pizza Kitchen (35,836,828 UVPM)
- KBFXCD (Fox) - March 5, 2016 - Eyewitness News on KBFX at 10 (N/A Viewers)
- KBAK (CBS) - March 5, 2016 - Eyewitness News on KBAK (6,698 Viewers)
- KBAK (CBS) - March 5, 2016 - Eyewitness News on KBAK at 11 (3,996 Viewers)
- KERO (ABC) - March 5, 2016 - 21 News at 11 (4,871 Viewers)
- KERO (ABC) - March 5, 2016 - Zach Wargo creates pizza as part of Make a Wish and California Pizza Kitchen partnership (140,519 UVPM)